DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Close proximity to world class public lands that provide great opportunities for hunting, fishing, backpacking/camping, horseback riding, motorsports, mountain/road biking, natural and developed hot springs, skiing and snowboarding, boating, and many other opportunities too numerous to list.
• Pintler Wilderness – Beautiful high country that straddles the continental divide. Huge circs with crystal clear lakes wide open terrain above the tree line.
• Pioneer Mountains – Heavily glaciated peaks on the East side and rolling timbered mountains on the West. Fantastic views in stunning roadless country.
• Highlands Mountains – Great Elk habitat just south of Butte. Plenty of vehicular access that provides a quick getaway.
• Tobacco Root Mountains – Interesting geology made this a prime place for gold prospectors in the late 1800s. High country is still quite primitive and full of hidden backcountry treasures.
• Flint Creek Range – Just off I-90 NW of Butte, this range has great views and is home to Discovery Ski Basin.
• Plenty of other Mountain ranges to explore nearby including the Gallatin Range, Snowcrest Range, Absaroka and Beartooth Range, Bridger Range to the South and East. Crazy Mountains, Big Belts, Elkhorn Mountains, and Bob Marshall Wilderness areas to the North and East, and the Bitterroots to the NorthWest
• Ringing Rocks – A natural deposition of volcanic rocks that ring like a bell when they are struck with a hammer. Off the beaten path, this formation makes for a fun family day trip.
• Continental Divide Trail – Located just East of town, this trail runs from Canada to Mexico.
• Discovery Ski Area – Fantastic local ski resort with a wide variety of terrain and very affordable tickets. They are also now offering downhill mountain bike riding during the summer.
• Golf – There are lots of great golf courses in Southwest Montana including “Old Works”, a Jack Nicklaus signature course in nearby Anaconda.
• Mountain bikes – The Butte area is a mountain biker’s paradise. The annual “Butte 100”, shows off 100 miles of trails in an extreme race just south of Butte.
• Big Hole River – World class blue ribbon trout fishing just 25 minutes from town.
• Jefferson River – Just over Homestake pass, this river is one of three rivers that make up the Missouri river. Great for floating, tubing, and fishing.
• Clark Fork River – Silver Bow creek is the headwaters of the Clark Fork River that flows NW to Missoula.
• Madison River – Another of the headwater rivers, great for floating and fishing. Great access points and nearby attractions like Norris Hot Springs.
• Georgetown Lake – Great for summertime lake activities (boating, fishing and waterskiing) as well as wintertime sports (icefishing, snowmobiling, and kiteboarding).
• Canyon Ferry, Holter, and Hauser lakes – Near Helena, this string of lakes are part of the Missouri River. Great all around lakes with very diverse landscapes.
Ennis lake – Small but uncrowded lake southeast of Butte about one hour. Great for summertime boating and waterskiing. Beautiful scenery in the canyon.
Delmoe Lake – Great nearby small lake that has nice camping spots and icefishing in the winter.
Fairmont Hot Springs – Just 20 minutes west of Butte, this resort is a great place to go for a quick evening or weekend getaway. It also has a full hotel, golf course and a brand new conference center.
Norris Hot Springs – A fun little rustic hot springs about 40 minutes away.
Boulder Hot Springs – Historic Mission style resort near Boulder about 40 minutes North of Butte xii. Elkhorn Hotsprings – Year round quaint resort far enough from civilization to feel like you went back in time. Snowmobiling, skiing at the nearby local Maverick Mt., and great cross country ski trails.